Di's Reviews > First Family

First Family by David Baldacci

2205880

bookshelves: audiobook, borrowed-from-library, kindle-book, overdrive

Read with World of Sleuths Readalongs. Also counting this for #OurLostLibrary #Lostathon for the Audiobook, Golden Leaves, and Over 400 Pages Squares.

I liked this one much better than book 3. I again listened to a majority of this one on audiobook, but the narrator is different than the previous installments. It's a little jarring when you're used to a certain voice for a character and then it gets changed up on you. It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if I didn't listen to them so close together. I did still enjoy listening to the narration. They started adding sound effects at the ends of chapters and during suspenseful sections, which I'm not sure I like, but I still thought the story was interesting.

It does touch on things that were brought up in book 3 and there is a separate case that I didn't quite put together why it was a part of this story, until we're told how it ties in. It also deals with some topics which could be triggering to some. I am still enjoying seeing King and Maxwell's teamwork and am looking forward to the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Family.

September 4, 2018 – Started Reading
September 4, 2018 – Shelved
September 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 4, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
September 4, 2018 – Shelved as: borrowed-from-library
September 4, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-book
September 4, 2018 – Shelved as: overdrive
September 4, 2018 –
15.0% "Reading with World of Sleuths Readalongs. Narrator has changed and I'm not sure I like him as much as the previous one. Also logging this for #OurLostLibrary #Lostathon"
September 5, 2018 –