Brandi's Reviews > Darkness Becomes Her

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

Dec 27, 2011

bookshelves: own, mythology
Read in December, 2011

There is so much going on for a book of relatively small size. This has been out for a while and I am embarrassed to admit that I put off reading it because I was judging the book by it's cover. For some reason I just associated the cover with ghosts and ghosts really aren’t my thing. Anyways, back to the story. I LOVED IT! There was never a dull moment. Darkness Becomes Her, I am proud to say, is a book that kept me guessing till the end and I flew threw it trying to discover Ari’s secrets. There is a perfect mix of characters. Ari is tough both mentally and physically, but there is still a vulnerability about her. Violet is the other character that I fell in love with. She is so cute and strange with an odd honesty about her. Sebastian is the perfect love interest. YA books that do not have the romance of two characters as the center of the book are a rarity.Don't think that you are in for the typical YA paranormal/supernatural book, Darkness Becomes Her is so much more than that.It presents an original new world with a twist on supernatural creatures and myths. What else can I say? This book was amazing and I eagerly await the sequel A Beautiful Evil to come out in 2012! I give this book a 4 ½ STAR rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Becomes Her.