Chelsea Humphrey's Reviews > The Woman in the Window

47207032

liked it
bookshelves: audiobooks
Recommended to Chelsea by: karen

I'm really torn on this one, because on one hand I was able to see all the twists coming (see Karen Brissette's review for my similar feelings on this), and it was a long book to feel entirely predictable, but on the other it was still a fun, enjoyable novel and I whole heartedly embraced the inclusion of the black and white movies and Alfred Hitchcock favorites that I grew up on. I felt neutral on the narrator here; she wasn't a long term favorite but she didn't grate on my nerves either. Overall, I would count it a success and I'm floored that this was a debut novel. Eagerly anticipating the author's next work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman in the Window.

September 4, 2018 – Started Reading
September 4, 2018 – Shelved
September 5, 2018 –
29.0% "Really enjoying all the references to the black and white films I was so fond of growing up. The nostalgia is refreshing!"
September 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

Dennis Finally!!! Girl, I've been waiTing.

Chelsea Humphrey Dennis wrote: "Finally!!! Girl, I've been waiTing."

I am so ready!!!! 🙌🏼😍👯‍♀️👯‍♂️

Montana The audible is pretty rad. Enjoy!

Chelsea Humphrey Montana wrote: "The audible is pretty rad. Enjoy!"

Thanks! I’m really liking the narrator.

message 5: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Great, now I'm the only person left how hasn't read this. Enjoy!

Chelsea Humphrey Erin wrote: "Great, now I'm the only person left how hasn't read this. Enjoy!"

🤣🤣🤣 nothing wrong with that Erin! ♥️

message 7: by Raven (new)

Raven Black Don't worry Erin, I haven't either! 🤣🤣🤣

Chelsea Humphrey Raven wrote: "Don't worry Erin, I haven't either! 🤣🤣🤣"

We can start a club. 😂

Teegan Bey Me three, I stare at it daily 😂😂😂 and I also have the audible.

Chelsea Humphrey Tiaa wrote: "Me three, I stare at it daily 😂😂😂 and I also have the audible."

Bahaha I love it! I don’t feel so bad now! 🤣

Madeline Ooh I think you will really like this novel!! I was hooked and read it in 2 days!

Chelsea Humphrey Madeline wrote: "Ooh I think you will really like this novel!! I was hooked and read it in 2 days!"

I’m so happy to hear that!

message 13: by L (new)

L R I really enjoyed this!

Chelsea Humphrey L wrote: "I really enjoyed this!"

Yay!!

message 15: by Tucker (new)

Tucker Currently reading this one! It's great so far

Chelsea Humphrey Tucker wrote: "Currently reading this one! It's great so far"

So glad you’re enjoying it Tucker!

message 17: by Tucker (new)

Tucker Oh my gosh, I really am. I just got to a super creepy part .👻😨

message 18: by Liz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liz We’re on the same wave length here.

Marialyce I so agree.

Chelsea Humphrey Marialyce wrote: "I so agree."

Liz wrote: "We’re on the same wave length here."

I have to admit I’m relieved to not be the only one. 🤣

message 21: by Vera (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vera (GirlySunglasses) I think I also gave this one 3 stars. It was fun but predictable. I could have been better, but it could have been way worse.

Chelsea Humphrey Vera wrote: "I think I also gave this one 3 stars. It was fun but predictable. I could have been better, but it could have been way worse."

I completely agree Vera!

Joanna Elm Yep! It was a 3-star one for me, too. Interesting since it got so much hype pre-publication. Does anyone think that maybe too much hype is a bad thing?? Builds up very high expectations that can never really be fulfilled!

Chelsea Humphrey Joanna wrote: "Yep! It was a 3-star one for me, too. Interesting since it got so much hype pre-publication. Does anyone think that maybe too much hype is a bad thing?? Builds up very high expectations that can ne..."

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head Jo!

Joanna Elm Great minds !!!!!!

Chelsea Humphrey Estera wrote: "Is it good .Inserting want to read"

Honestly, it was mediocre at best for me. I also don’t feel comfortable promoting this one due to the author’s deceitful behavior, so I would recommend reading The Other Woman by Sandie Jones or The Solent Patient by Alex M.

message 27: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I agree with you, Chelsea. The unconscionable behavior of the author makes it almost impossible for me to recommend this novel to anyone. I will definitely be reading the two books you mentioned!

Chelsea Humphrey Lisa wrote: "I agree with you, Chelsea. The unconscionable behavior of the author makes it almost impossible for me to recommend this novel to anyone. I will definitely be reading the two books you mentioned!"

<3 Thanks for your kind words, Lisa!

message 29: by Tucker (new)

Tucker Amazing review! I three starred this one as well. It was okay but not mind blowingly amazing

Chelsea Humphrey Tucker wrote: "Amazing review! I three starred this one as well. It was okay but not mind blowingly amazing"

Thanks, Tucker!