Laura's Reviews > Fearless in High Heels

Fearless in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

Dec 27, 2011

Read from December 27, 2011 to May 06, 2012

Previously reviewed on www.simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

I have been a huge fan of the High Heels books since I came across the first, "Spying in High Heels" as a free download on Kindle. The books are funny reads that have a plot, but don't make you think to hard. Most of the time I can never guess the criminal.

This book, Fearless in High Heels, wasn't my favorite in the series. My favorites are books 1, 2, and 4. The series has provided the perfect blend of cozy and chick lit and once I start one of Gemma's books I find it tough to put down.

The writing might not be fantastic, and the story line might not be equal to that of a New York Times Best Seller, but the books are GOOD. Many people I know who have read the series often complain about the Ramirez/Maddie relationship. I will say, up until this book the relationship never bothered me. It "irked" me a tad bit in this book, but not so much that I put the book down and stopped reading it immediately.

All in all, I suggest these books to anyone looking for that blend of chick lit, romance and cozy mystery. It's not gory or gross, it's just the right book to read on a rainy day with a cup of coffee or at the beach, or on a summer vacation. Another added bonus to these books is the fact that they are inexpensive in ebook format. You can find the first book for free, and the box set of the first 5 will only run you 9.99. There are 2 short stories (Christmas in High Heels & Sweetheart in High Heels) that are less than $2.00 and when you buy the newest book (this one) it's only $4.99.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless in High Heels.