Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > Kiss and Break Up

Kiss and Break Up by Ella Fields

20997898

bookshelves: arc, favourite

I’m so intrigued by this newfound world of Magnolia Cove. Desperate to read more, too. Friends to lovers isn’t my favourite romance trope, but Ella Fields is an excellent wordsmith and brilliant writer—Dashiell Thane and Peggy Newland have carved themselves a home in my heart. Engraved themselves in my psyche. Kiss and Break Up is an all-consuming romance that will captivate your attention with its raw depiction of falling in love with your best friend, leaving your heart aching and your belly fluttering.

“Six ways from Sunday, you’ve fucked me, and I’ve yet to find anything satisfying about it.”

Bad boys and anti-heroes who are non-conforming, defying society’s every expectation, arrogant and conceited have my undying love. And they own every facet of my heart! Dash isn’t an exception, a sweet combination of infuriating and irresistable. Brutally honest and unapologetically passionate, Dash possesses an unwavering devotion to Pegs that made me sigh in frustration and swoon in bliss at his over-protectiveness.

Peggy couldn’t be anymore different to Dash. She’s kind and sweet, yet sassy and fierce; inexperienced with relationships and boyfriends; and full of life, unique eccentricity and realistic authenticity. Despite being Dash’s opposite in almost every way, the complex and multifaceted relationship they have—the connection they have formed—is so endearing!

I’d fallen for my best friend, and she was breaking my fucking heart.

Kiss and Break Up is wonderfully enthralling. When an innocent kiss turns this easy-going friendship into an intense, jealous infested, angst-ridden mess, your emotions will soar and your heart will shatter. Without fail, it realistically demonstrates that love isn’t easy—sometimes it is bittersweet, complicated beyond recognition, full of heart-aching emotions and frayed around the edges, but tender moments and irreplaceable memories await.

If you’re invested in pure innocence, teenage dramatics and first loves, Kiss and Break Up is whole-heartedly recommended, because beyond this friends to lovers narrative is rich story filled with a myriad of emotions and beautifully written characters. I wouldn’t turn away from a standalone featuring Daphne, Lars, Jackson and Willa. I’m very much unready to leave Magnolia Cove!

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss and Break Up.

September 2, 2018 – Shelved
September 2, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 28, 2019 – Started Reading
February 28, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
February 28, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 28, 2019 –
March 1, 2019 –
61.0% "I CAN'T PUT THIS DOWN"
March 1, 2019 – Shelved as: favourite
March 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Cristina | CristiinaReads That edit is sooooo beautiful! 😍

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ Cristina | CristiinaReads wrote: "That edit is sooooo beautiful! 😍"

Thank you, darling! I'm loving it myself honestly 😂

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "Fab review!! <3"

Thank you, Kat! xo