Helene Jeppesen's Reviews > Lethal White

Lethal White by Robert Galbraith

21992464

liked it

This was an okay crime story, but as I was reading “Lethal White” I couldn’t help but be frustrated by the fact that this book was TOO LONG! 600+ pages to tell a crime story is too long when the plot is so dense and the different storylines so intricate.
Interwoven with that we get the story of Robin’s and Strike’s continued partnership which was another thing that quite frustrated me: This book was a case of dumb decision-making based on misunderstandings that could have been solved if only the characters had communicated!
On the plus-side, though, this book gives you another story set in London, following Strike as he goes through painful experiences with his prothesis and late nights (yet again!), and Robin whose passion for her job is admiring. But in the end, this was a book I was reading just to finish it, not a book I was reading because I absolutely needed to know how things would end. That’s a shame, but at least I finished it and enjoyed my reading experience for the most part.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lethal White.

September 2, 2018 – Shelved
October 2, 2018 –
page 342
October 7, 2018 –
page 553
84.3% "I'm ready to finish this..."
October 7, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth I didn't know this was really J. K. Rowling!

Denise Romero I felt exactly the same way! Reading just to finish it.

Deborah Klein How can a book be too long when “the story is so dense and the

Deborah Klein Sorry - “when the plot is so dense and the storyline so intricate”?,

Samantha Well said, I completely agree! I was definitely "reading just to finish it" too.

Helen Drake I agree. Way too long!

Helen Drake Just finished reading it. I also felt it was way too long!

MARTA SISTERNA Too long!

Sofie Couldn’t agree with you anymore.