Fizza's Reviews > A Rose in the Highlands

A Rose in the Highlands by Heather McCollum

Books like this are the reason why I love historical fiction so much. I really enjoyed this entertaining read, adored the characters, especially Lady Evelyn. She is a force to be reckoned, so determined and strong, nothing fazes her stubbornness. And no man can stand in her way. She has decided to become an independent woman and she will definitely achieve that goal no matter the danger.
Grey Campbell feels wronged. His parents were killed and his home was taken from him, but he cannot do anything about it. Not that he plans to give up on getting his home back, but it might take some time. For now, he is going to play along with Evelyn's plane and pretend to be working for her. Soon she will fail and return to England then he would claim his castle once again. However, he did not count on falling in love with her. That's one thing that would make his already complicated life even more complicated.
In the midst of danger, both Evelyn and Grey must survive and find a way to be together. Unfortunately, things are stacked against them and there may not be a way out.
It's a very well written story. I loved everything about it. I think it's a must read for historical fiction fans, especially if you love the highlanders. For me, it was a perfect read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rose in the Highlands.

September 2, 2018 – Started Reading