Katherine Coble's Reviews > Kings of Paradise

Kings of Paradise by Richard Nell

bookshelves: animal-dies, better-than-5-stars, books-i-force-on-everyrone-i-meet, hobbled-heroes, ku-sept-2018, currently-reading
Reading for the 2nd time. Most recently started January 12, 2019.

READ THIS BOOK.

Several people have read my review of Anthony Ryan’s Blood Song and have asked me to let them know when another craic read comes along.

HERE IT IS. READ IT. READ IT NOW. READ IT TWICE.

Books like this are a privilege. Books like this remind you of why you are a person who reads for fun.

I started to write a deep analysis of what the book is about and why I love it. But that’s not what I want to do with this review because I don’t want to be the adult who takes apart the toaster right now. I don’t want to fiddle under the hood. Maybe some day.

But right now I just want to revel in this book the way I reveled in Heidi when I was 5. I want to revel in the memory of the book’s world and enjoy having been there.

This book goes on my Better Than Five Stars shelf.

Note to the author: I broke my Martin Rothfuss rule for you and read the first book before the others were complete and I am imploring you to keep faith and release the others. Yes, I know you’re not a slave to my whims (we’ll leave the misogynistic term to Neil Gaiman) and yet I’d love to read more of these people and their world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kings of Paradise.

September 1, 2018 – Started Reading
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: hobbled-heroes
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: ku-sept-2018
September 6, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 12, 2019 – Started Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Richard (new) - added it

Richard Nell Thanks so much for the review Katherine. Martin Rothfuss rule is a pretty great name. Book 2 (Kings of Ash) is close to ready, and will be released sometime before end of year. Cheers.