Eric Mesa's Reviews > The World's Most Dangerous Geek: And More True Hacking Stories

The World's Most Dangerous Geek by David Kushner

bookshelves: audiobooks

I got this book in the form of an audiobook from Humble Bundle a while ago. It's a collection of essays by David Kushner about tech issues. A lot of it revolves around people who have some sort of connection to Anonymous. Some of these articles - like the one about Anonymous and Steubenbille and the wheelchair riding guy who was turning on webcams - I read back when they were first published. The essays are roughly in chronological order and I thought it was interesting to see how the intersection of technology, crime, and life changed throughout the years. There were also a few stories that had overlap with each other and that was also interesting to see. There was one essay - the one about the Caucasian guy who ended up in the Triads - that I'd love to see made into a a "based on a true story" movie.

Overall, it was an enjoyable collection of essays and I recommend it to anyone who has an interest in "hacking" in the more colloquial sense of breaking into computing devices.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World's Most Dangerous Geek.

September 1, 2018 – Started Reading
September 1, 2018 – Shelved
September 1, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobooks
September 5, 2018 –
2.0% "Creator of WimAmp"
4.0% "E Baum's world"
September 23, 2018 –
9.0% "A DOE employee messes with the lead singer from Linkin Park"
September 23, 2018 –
13.0% "A couple AI researchers with bipolar disorder commit suicide"
September 28, 2018 –
18.0% "A guy who gets a rare and dangerous form of cancer also has his identity stolen."
September 28, 2018 –
21.0% "Anonymous vs Scientology"
October 16, 2018 –
25.0% "A blind phreak and his exploits"
28.0% "The TJX hack"
30.0% "Wikileaks"
October 16, 2018 –
33.0% "Autistic kid cracks into DOD computers"
41.0% "Some kids kill a girl

A wheelchair-bound guy cracks webcams (I think I read this one when it was published)"
49.0% "Celeb cracking

Sony PS3 hacks"
57.0% "Hacker hiring

Anon vs Steubenville"
69.0% "Julian asaunge's protege

The dread pirate Roberts and silk road"
84.0% "Weeze the troll

Doyer and Anon

Cyberbullying.com"
87.0% "Cicaida group"
October 18, 2018 –
92.0% "How in the world is the white guy in the triads not a movie?"
October 18, 2018 – Finished Reading