Haven's Reviews > Dark Star

Dark Star by Bethany Frenette

bookshelves: awesome, borrowed-from-sister, fun, i-want-another-one, sci-fi

** spoiler alert ** This book was really good! I really enjoyed it and am excited to read the second one, hopefully in the near future! I loved that this was not a cliche superhero book with cliche superpowers, but a completely different realm of superheroes that I was totally not expecting! I was very intrigued and after the first 100 pages or so, I got hooked and couldn't put it down (except I had to because of school :( ).

Audrey was extremely relatable. She was kind and caring, but not without that bit of teenage sass and sarcasm. She was flawed, but yet lovable.

And now we come to Leon... LEON. He is precious and I love him. He had the obvious flaw of being self-righteous and bossy, which came from his desire and need to protect Audrey from harm. Their romance was very small and didn't take over the entire book, which I liked. Audreys refusal to have feelings for him, even if it wasn't expressed, was obvious through her denial that she could love someone who she had despised for so long. Her realization at the end was quite adorable.

Highly recommend to anyone who loves superheroes, supernatural, or sci-fi!

Age: 13+

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Star.

September 1, 2018 – Started Reading