Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Playmaker

Playmaker by L.P. Dover

bookshelves: arcs, hockey

5 Stars...

This book was so much fun to read. I just loved watching the arrogant, sexy Maddox change right before my eyes. If you've read the previous books in the series, then you know he wasn't the most likable guy. I mean sure, he was sexy and rich and a hot hockey player but he was a jerk to some people. That said, I don't mind because I believe that is how L.P. Dover wanted us to feel. So this way when it was time for Maddox to find his happily-ever-after, it would be so much more satisfying. And it was. Maddox truly had a heart of gold.

So I have to say that the blurb was a bit misleading. But that could be just me; the way I inferred what this story was about. I did not see some of the aspects before they were revealed and I am truly grateful for that. This book had so much going on. There were plenty of intimate moments but that was just a little bit of what made this book an amazing read. One aspect being my worry for how Maddox would prove himself to Lacey. Since the blurb already hints at this, I can tell you without spoiling anything, that Lacey and Maddox have met before. In fact they did more than just meet. They spent an incredible couple of weeks together before it was over. So when they meet again for the second time, things become angsty and full of tension between them. Once all the facts were revealed, I became Maddox and Lacey's biggest cheerleaders.

This author entertained me. I was engaged in every turn of the page and couldn't wait for Maddox and Lacey to find their HEA. L.P. Dover's talent for weaving a sweet and loving story really shined through. Maddox showed me that he was a man I could adore and respect. I believed he was worthy of Lacey and cheered them on from the very beginning. Unfortunately, Lacey is afraid of her heart being broken so the development of their relationship is justifiably slow. And I was happy for that. That said, there are plenty of obstacles keeping them apart. But what great book doesn't have some angst and suspense? In addition to having all the feels, there are plenty of secondary characters, adding charm and depth; some rooting for their HEA and even some against it.

The next book in the series will be about Justin Davis. He is a pretty large presence in this book, giving us insight into what he is dealing with at the moment. I can't wait to read his story. It's no surprise that I love hockey romances. The Breakaway series by L.P. Dover is one of my favorites. I highly recommend that you check this series out.

This is my honest and unbiased review. Thank you for taking the time to read it. :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playmaker.

September 1, 2018 – Shelved