Liz Barnsley's Reviews > A Version of the Truth

A Version of the Truth by B.P. Walter

liked it

3.5*

A Version Of The Truth will not be quite what you expect it to be seems the likely outcome. So it's quite difficult to review without spoilers.

I can say that I started this book yesterday evening then stayed up until 2am to finish it - it grips you in unexpected ways and for unexpected reasons. I do believe this may end up being a marmite book. Ultimately I decided it was clever. Its certainly fairly graphic and endlessly fascinating.

I can't say I liked any of the characters at all even before it became clear that one of them was quite simply evil personified. All them had their charm but all of them had their irritating edges - it made for an intriguing and genuinely absorbing read.

I'm not being very helpful of this I'm aware. Still, give too much away and you ruin that which makes this good. So y'all will just have to cope

Recommended. Then you can tell me what you think.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Version of the Truth.

August 31, 2018 – Started Reading
August 31, 2018 – Shelved
September 1, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Madison_reads I agree with your review, I found this book extremely gripping and riveting from the very start. My only sadness was that it seemed to finish at its peak! I would have loved another 50 or so pages with a more-drawn out ending, I felt like it was all go and then literally as it reached its height it ended so suddenly