Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Long Road to Mercy

Long Road to Mercy by David Baldacci

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, political-suspense, series, suspense

I was excited to start a new series by David Baldacci especially since I love so many of his other books and I had heard Long Road to Mercy had a female protagonist. Yet, I didn't end up loving it. I thought it was just ok.

Atlee Pine is the protagonist of Long Road to Mercy. When she was five years old, a man broke into their home and kidnapped her twin, Mercy. The stranger hurt Atlee physically but more so mentally. She was never the same after it. That event molded the rest of her life including her chosen career. She's an FBI special agent. She doesn't play well with others and she likes it that way. She was almost an Olympian weightlifter. She keeps herself in shape. She's tall and muscular and so very smart.

Currently, she's working at the Shattered Rock's FBI one agent office. When she gets a call that a mule has been killed in the Grand Canyon, is up to Atlee to go an investigate. Not only has the mule been mutilated, something has been carved on its skin and the man who rode her down the Canyon, Ben Priest, is missing too. What continues is a crazy plot involving North Korea, Russia and the American government. Helping Atlee uncover the mystery is Sam, a park ranger and Atlee's assistant, Carol Blum.

I like all three characters. I want to know more about Mercy and her disappearance. I want to know more about Sam. Mr. Baldacci suggests a romance might be developing between Atlee and Sam which I think could improve the series. Carol was probably my favorite character. She had a backbone and she was ready to support Atlee in her quest to find the truth. I'm sure we will hear more about the man who took Mercy away, Daniel James Tor too.

Cliffhanger: No

3/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Long Road to Mercy.

August 31, 2018 – Shelved
August 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2019 – Started Reading
April 10, 2019 – Finished Reading
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: political-suspense
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: series
April 14, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

❤️ Paulette Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙"

Thank you, Paulette!!

❤️ Paulette Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙"

Thank you, Paulette!!"