Christina Carter's Reviews > Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen: Sitting in a Tree

Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen by Brian Michael Bendis

Spider-Man & Spider-Gwen, sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

My head was spinning in circles a bit with this one as Miles and Gwen popped in and out of the Multiverse. They were on a journey to find his dad who'd recently rejoined S.H.I.E.L.D. (in an effort to protect Miles). His dad had been on a covert mission to intercept a piece of tech that can unlock travel between multiple dimensions. Miles finds someone who appears to be his dad but might actually be a villain who is part of an interdimensional guerilla strike force threatening to hold the Multiverse hostage.

Meanwhile, Miles and Gwen's friendship takes a turn for the strange when they find themselves in a utopic dimension in which their older selves are married...with children; a reality, neither of our teenage heroes are ready for.

Doppelgangers and clones abound in this multidimensional adventure that begins and ends with a kiss? Well, maybe it ends with a kiss, you'll just have to read it to find out.

This marks the 3rd Marvel comic I've read about Miles and the first I've read of Gwen. I enjoyed the idea of their budding romance and the glimpses into what their relationship could one day become. I appreciate that his dad is willing to do whatever it takes to protect Miles but I have yet to see what S.H.I.E.L.D. is doing to protect him. That might be in part because I have only read the three comics so far. I'm sure there is yet more to unlock and I look forward to doing so.

Reading this also made me curious about Spider-Gwen so I think I'm going to see if I can find Most Wanted, Greater Power, and Weapon of Choice at my local library. Have you read any of those?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen.

August 31, 2018 – Shelved