Grace Morris's Reviews > When a Secret Kills

When a Secret Kills by Lynette Eason

bookshelves: christian, favorites, mysteries, book-reviewed-2018
Recommended to Grace by: Sarita

4.5 Stars!!! =D

Even if the characters are like: "Oh, hey Jillian. How have you been?" We finally got to see her!!! We finally got to know what this was all about!!! We finally got to have an end!!! And little Meg!!! I LOVED HER!!! And Bert and Ernie; German Shepherds military dogs named after the characters from Sesame Street!!! YES!!! And that plot twist!!!!

The One Thing I Didn't Like In This Series:

So Eason has created these wonderful characters, especially the side characters. But, ummm, where are they???

I felt there were a lot of things that was incomplete with the series.

Like Hunter's brother Chad. So he has this problem with his ex-wife in book one. Book two his ex is in the hospital from a car wreck and he is supposed to watch his little girl. And then... AND THEN!!!! Nothing. I wish I could say read and find out, but I can't, in this book Chad is nonexistent.

Then we have Hunter's sister Christine; she is dating Rick in book one. I don't think we even see her in book 2. And in book three we see her, but we don't get to see any developments with her and Rick. But yet, Rick has a role in all three books!!! Really, this needed to be clarified.

Then there's Rick and Katie. Katie really grew on me as the series went on, at first I didn't really like her, but then I began to. These two were wonderful side characters, but we hardly ever got to see them!!!!

Then we have our main characters, Alexia, Hunter, Serena, Dominic, Jillian, and Colton. Look these are the important ones.

But like in book one Serena leaves for China, that's fine for the beginning book. Jillian is nowhere to be found, again that's fine.

Book two: Alexia and Hunter are trying to find her dad (so the author removes extra characters again.) They were in the book but with limited roles.

Book three: Jillian comes in on the scene, and no one is that surprised??? Alexia is almost always working through this book and we hardly see her, Serena is around but her role is limited, as is Dominic's and Hunter's. I thought that Alexia and Serena were important for the grand finale, isn't that why those things happen to them for??? So why is it only about Jillian for???

Then there were those notes.... The book never tells us who was sending them....

Content in Book:

This is a crime story, so be aware that the contents might have some spoilers.

1. Violence (shooting people with a gun, a car crash on purpose, shooting dogs and people with tranquilizer darts, etc.)

2. Kidnapping.

3. Threats.

4. Autopsies on dead people. (This is part of a crime investigation.)

5. A child born out of wedlock.

6. A bomb.

Will I continue with the other Books in the Series???

Wait.... Isn't this the last book??? Yes, but there is a novella that takes place after this book. And Retribution is so good!!!

Who I Recommend this Book To:

Those who first read When the Smoke Clears and When a Heart Stops. Those who like Christian crime friction and thrillers.

Special thanks to Sarita, my good Goodreads friend and buddy for the 2018 Christian Fiction Bloggers group Duo Team Challenge, thanks for recommending this series to me, I LOVED IT!!! Like you said I was going to. =)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Secret Kills.

August 31, 2018 – Shelved