Janet's Reviews > Love Rekindled at Christmas

Love Rekindled at Christmas by Evelyn Isaacks

A Midwinter Wager by Elizabeth Keysian
Her viscount's been stolen…
When her stepsister tricks her noble beau Viscount Lonsdale into a fake engagement, Miss Francesca Heathcote tires of playing nice. She'll even risk ruin to win him back. A game of dare, a wager and a night in a haunted room offer a chance to set him free, but her conniving stepsister has one more ace up her sleeve
Enjoyable read but I found Alicia over the top & several times I wanted to give her a slap!

Christmas wore Plaid by E. Elizabeth Watson
When Scarlet Fever forced Emerson Lindt to move to England, her only consolation was Brady MacInnes's promise of writing-letters that never arrived. When she returns to Scotland years later, Brady is adamant that he never betrayed her. And though poverty plagues Scotland and stretches Brady's pocketbook, their love for each other flares anew.
Young love being separated & then finding each other again one of my favourite tropes & I thoroughly enjoyed this short story

A Pineapple in a Pine Tree by Eve Pendle
Five years after breaking Amelia Chilson's heart, he's back. Robert Danbury wants the mistletoe kiss Amelia denied him years ago, but nothing more; loving a woman again is an unthinkable risk. Then they're caught innocently in bed together and Robert has an instant to choose: Amelia's reputation, their lost love, or his conscience.
A lovely second chance story which I read in a sitting & wished had been longer as I didn’t want it to end!

Let it Snow by Diana Lloyd
When he stole her first kiss one Christmas, Tobin Everleigh didn't realize it would be ten years before he got another. Saffron Thomas is determined to forget the kiss and the boy who called it a folly. When fate brings them back together for a holiday celebration a fiery game of Snapdragon gone wrong and a midnight dash through a snowstorm proves their attraction was no game.
This was my favourite, the banter between Tobin & Saffron so very entertaining & hag me laughing out loud at times.

A Captain for Christmas by Evelyn Isaacks
Georgiana Throckmorton is eager to return to social life after years of isolation in the north of England. When she's invited to spend Christmas with an old friend she never expects to be reunited with her first love-Alexander Forrester, who ran away to the sea after he made love to her. Passion reignites once again, but past hurts loom over their second chance at love.
A new author & I look forward to reading more from her. Another enjoyable read & the way it was written it was possible to see what each was thinking

Five delightful short stories that I’ve been able to delve into when I’ve had a couple of spare hours, I enjoyed some more than others but all were well worth the read & most I read in a sitting
My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Rekindled at Christmas.

August 31, 2018 – Shelved