Morgan's Reviews > Duel at Araluen

Duel at Araluen by John Flanagan

bookshelves: books-i-ve-read-in-2019

It would have been better if Halt had been in it and if Will had been in more than just the very end, but it was still good. Maddie's come a long way since the beginning of the first Royal Ranger, and she's learned to stay silent when someone steps on her hand. ;) Horace and Gilan are still awesome and the Heron brotherband was a nice addition. I just hope Will's a bigger part of the next one. At least, I'm assuming there's going to be a next one. There'd better be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Duel at Araluen.

August 30, 2018 – Shelved
August 30, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 29, 2019 – Started Reading
June 3, 2019 – Shelved as: books-i-ve-read-in-2019
June 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Tricia Mingerink Our reviews are nearly identical, lol. I really hope there's another one with Halt, Will, and Maddie on another adventure!

But, obviously, I liked the characters well enough. I'm putting together a Maddie Ranger costume for Realm Makers, lol.

Morgan Yup. :) I found a video of John Flanagan talking about Royal Ranger when Red Fox Clan came out, and he said there would be a follow up and more to come after, so sounds like he’s planning to write more!

Can’t wait to see your costume!

Tricia Mingerink And I can't wait to see yours! I'm so excited we're going to be roomies this year! :)

Morgan :) I’m super excited we’re going to be roomies too! It’s going to be awesome! And I’m going to want to try on your Ranger cloak. ;) Though me in a Ranger cloak would probably be very Horace. “Can you see me now?” XD

Tricia Mingerink Unless you are also short, it will be very much like Horace, lol. I happen to be on the short side, so my Rangers cloak is going to be short.

Morgan I’m kind of average height. Can’t wait for Realm Makers!