Jac (For Love and Books)'s Reviews > Happy Birthday to Me Again

Dec 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: ya
Read in December, 2011

I really enjoyed the first book in this trilogy, and was looking forward to Happy Birthday to Me Again. Unfortunately, I feel a bit let down. It was a fun book, but I felt it lacked a lot compared to the original. It was fairly predictable, and the biggest surprise to me came within the final two paragraphs. (well, the final bombshell was not a surprise. But the paragraph before lefty me anything to read the third book.)

In this book, Liesel really annoyed me. She was selfish and annoying and left me pleading with Cam to leave her. Her refusal to share anything about herself was irritating. And I am still confused bout her grandfather.

Another thing that bugged me was that Cam aging in reverse was not near as intriguing as his "disease" in the previous book. His relationship with his family was cheesy and tense all at the same time.

Despite these things, I enjoyed the story. I liked the addition of Hannah, despite her plot being predictable. I wish we had more of her and Cam interacting and i am anxious to see where the next book takes her.

I would recommend these books as quick reads to anyone looking for a mind candy read, something where you can read it quickly and not invest too much into the book or characters.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Birthday to Me Again.