Sarah Whisted's Reviews > Hold Me Closer, Necromancer

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

bookshelves: books-i-own

This rating is probably more of a 4.5 for me, but only because it was a little tough to get into initially. It took a while to introduce the necessary players and was a little too easy for me to put the book down during this part of the story. But once all the players came together and the meat of the story started to unfold, I couldn't stop reading.

Even though the characters didn't grab me right away out of context, I loved the way they meshed together in the end. I loved that this book is full of no-nonsense girls (Brid in particular). Brid's relationship with Sam is sort of refreshing - the way they just sort of fall together without effort. Sam's 'crew' is a believable group of mismatched friends. I loved the eclectic group of creatures and the possibilities future stories can have in the world McBride has created. I'm looking forward to Ramon's character growth and Sam meeting/learning from Nick.

This story wasn't really as scary as I'd hoped it might be, but I really appreciated the bits of humor alongside the tense and sometimes horrific events these characters faced. It was exactly the lightness this story needed.

I'm really glad I pushed through the slow-for-me intro. The ending was SO worth it. Can't wait to read the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold Me Closer, Necromancer.

December 26, 2011 – Shelved