Suze Lavender's Reviews > Her Alpha Viking

Her Alpha Viking by Sheryl Nantus

Erik should have died on the battlefield. All of his fellow soldiers were killed in an ambush and sent to Valhalla by Brenna, a fierce Valkyrie. She spared Erik, which is something she shouldn't have done. That's why her mission is to track him down and correct her mistake. Erik is difficult to follow and never stays anywhere long enough for her to easily find him, but once they finally meet again Brenna knows she can't kill him. What are the consequences of failing the task she's been assigned to complete?

Erik can't forget the beautiful woman he saw during the worst moment of his life. When he meets her again he's intrigued enough to risk his own safety. When Brenna proves to be incapable of taking his life, Erik's protective instincts come to the surface. He will make sure that Brenna won't be punished for not completing her mission. Together they set out on a journey to stay out of the hands of the hunter that's been sent after them to complete what Brenna couldn't do. Will they be able to save themselves and fight for their love or are they doomed from the start?

Her Alpha Viking is a gripping romantic story. Erik is a strong and capable warrior. He has a kind heart and is constantly looking after others. I loved his heroic nature and couldn't wait to find out how he'd deal with the challenges that higher powers are giving him. Brenna was a Valkyrie for centuries and she never did anything wrong, but when she's with Erik she is a different person, even though giving in to her feelings results in being stripped of her powers. I loved how she keeps following her heart, she doesn't hesitate while it means the life she used to love is over because of it. Erik and Brenna find many obstacles on their way, but they persevere. They're both fiery and brave main characters, which makes fabulous reading.

Sheryl Nantus has a great thrilling writing style. I flew through the pages of her action-packed story. Her Alpha Viking is a wonderful combination of fantasy and veteran life, which is something I liked a lot. I loved the mix of a creative fictional world with reality. Sheryl Nantus effortlessly switches between the two, which makes the story feel real and dynamic. Her Alpha Viking is energetic, enchanting and captivating, I loved this terrific book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Alpha Viking.

Started Reading