Rane's Reviews > Thief of Shadows

Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt

1987431

bookshelves: georgian-era, keeper, historical

There's two emotions I can always count on when reading Hoyt's books joy and disappointment. Joy because I'm reading such an awesome book, and disappointment cause when it's over! What happened to savoring the book Rane? But I couldn't help myself cause it was awesome!

Thief of Shadows picks up right up where Scandalous Desires, and where Scandalous Desires had some weakness in the heroine and some anti-climatic moments toward the end, Thief of Shadows had none of this, the heroine Isabel Beckinhall was quickly on par with Winter. Both characters were truly human in everything they did and felt.

Isabel might have acted flighty but had a huge heart, very warm and open to all those around her and even bigger scar left from her marriage. Out of all the characters I've come across in Hoyt's book Isabel felt hit the nail on the head about being a woman and truly being a mother is. Cause nothing is more great then being a mother is any form and having Winter help her with her own scar helped him deal with this own past and present. She loved Winter completely and when she sees how much she loves him she'll risk her life for love.

I and no doubt along with everyone knew there was more to Winter then meets the eye and when it's reveled about him being the Ghost was a surprise but also curious as to why and how. Hoyt doesn't disappoint in Winter, calm on the outside but a ball of passion-filled fire inside. (view spoiler) Winter was very deep and his love for Isabel was a fight for both him and Isabel, as Winter being the Ghost, he feels no one can truly do this duty like he can, and willing to give it up was heavy on his heart. But the best thing about Winter was he wasn't hard-headed and dragged his feet, when he decides on his course it's all are nothing and it steals my heart away.

Between these two the pages had me reaching for a cold glass and water, and turning up my AC!

Hoyt didn't let me down with the action in this book, the best part was the sword fighting that ran through the theater and the balconies!
[image error]

Hoyt wrote another great addition to
Maiden Lane and the huge hints dropped for the next book has me on the edge of my seat- just can't wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thief of Shadows.

December 26, 2011 – Shelved
100.0% "*happy sigh*"
June 25, 2012 – Shelved as: keeper
June 25, 2012 – Finished Reading
September 13, 2013 – Shelved as: historical

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

message 1: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina It us up on netgalley, babe! ^^

Kelly22 Happy reading Rane! :)

Spacklefritz gaaah...can't wait to read it..Enjoy ^_^

Rane Kelly22 wrote: "Happy reading Rane! :)"

Thanks Kelly! I don't know what I love more from this book the sword fighting or Winter....yeah love me some Winter ;P

Rane Spacklefritz wrote: "gaaah...can't wait to read it..Enjoy ^_^"

I think you adore this one Spackle! I'm almost done with it haven't been able to put it down!

Lisa Great review! I loved this one as well and I can't wait for the next one!

willaful Starting this tonight or tomorrow!

Anne OK Super review, Rane! The "Maiden Lane" series has been one of my all-time favorites. I can't wait to read Winter's story.

Kelly22 great review Rane! :)

message 10: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Lisa wrote: "Great review! I loved this one as well and I can't wait for the next one!"

Thanks Lisa! *hugs* Oh, the little snippet at the end had me drooling for the next book!

message 11: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane willaful wrote: "Starting this tonight or tomorrow!"

WOOT! I hope you love it Willa!

message 12: by Rane (last edited Jun 26, 2012 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane AnneOK wrote: "Super review, Rane! The "Maiden Lane" series has been one of my all-time favorites. I can't wait to read Winter's story."

Thank you Anne!
The series has had it's bumps, but each book each book makes the series greater and greater and Winter's story....*happy sigh*

message 13: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Kelly22 wrote: "great review Rane! :)"

Thanks Kelly!

Jennifer Great review! I love Hoyt's writing and this one sounds so epic. Can't wait to read it!

message 15: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Jennifer wrote: "Great review! I love Hoyt's writing and this one sounds so epic. Can't wait to read it!"

Thanks Jennifer! Hoyt's writing very much shines bright in TOS

message 16: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Great review Rane!

Spacklefritz well I finished reading this, and it was wonderful..I think it deserves a re-read pretty soon..lol.

message 18: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane AgentScully wrote: "Great review Rane!"

Thanks Scully!

message 19: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Spacklefritz wrote: "well I finished reading this, and it was wonderful..I think it deserves a re-read pretty soon..lol."

*LOL* Happy you liked it Spackle, yes Winter always deserve a encore performance

KatLynne I loved Winter too Rane:) Wonderful review1

message 21: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane KatLynne wrote: "I loved Winter too Rane:) Wonderful review1"

Thanks Kat! Winter became one of my fave Hoyt heroes

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover Haha! Joy and disappointment! That's exactly how I feel when I read this book. Nice review!