Joanna Larum's Reviews > The Lost Children

The Lost Children by Steve    Parker

Read 2 times. Last read August 30, 2018 to August 31, 2018.

This is book 2 in a new series by a new author. It can be read as a stand alone but the reader would be missing out on so much if he/she didn't read the first book Their Last Words. That one blew my mind and this one goes so much further.
Detective Superintendent Ray Patterson is now teamed with Detective Inspector Johnny Clocks - chalk and cheese but they work so well together. The story begins with the death of a man in the street, shot through the head by an obvious marksman but nearby, the dismembered body of a child is found. It doesn't take the two detectives long to discover the identities of the people responsible for the child's death but politics takes over and they are stalled when they try to bring them to justice. In the meantime, the sniper carries on with his list of victims. I don't want to say any more about the storyline because I feel the reader needs to come to it with an open mind.
Well written, as was his first novel, Steve Parker takes the reader to new heights of depravity and one is left wondering just how evil mankind can be, but don't let that put you off - this novel is a blockbuster which no-one will want to put down. I found myself reading it with my kindle plugged in to the socket because I didn't want to wait until it had recharged. I'm left wondering when it will be made into a TV series because it would be spectacular! This author is a genius!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Children.

Finished Reading
August 27, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
August 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
August 30, 2018 – Started Reading