Andie K.'s Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Felicity Heaton

Dec 26, 2011

bookshelves: demons, mages-witches-wizards, favorites

I don’t know why most of the author’s readers never mention this book. I keep seeing her Angel and Vampires books, but not this one. But I can tell, that Ascension is as good as her other books.

Okay, maybe I am a little biased against this, because my favorite para creatures are the demons for a while now. Although this book is about witches rather than demons, actually, our Heroine; Lealandra, is a powerful witch who begins to lose control over her own magic, as her Ascension is coming. Witches need their own Counter-Balance. Someone who can temper their magic. Here is the problem. She lost hers. Moreover, someone wants her dead. Lealandra leaves her coven to find her ex-lover and ask for help. The demon hunter, Taig who is also a half-demon. He let her go six years ago; he definitely will not make that mistake again, now that she is back. In a world, where usually witches and demons don’t get involved with the other race’s problem, now for some reason, the demons hunting her, and when theoretically her coven would be the best help for her, it seems, the only person who Lealandra can trust is her half-demon ex. Her Ascension mark clearly shows that Taig has a big role in her ascension. The question is what is his role and is he powerful enough to save Lealandra? It’s a race against time, a war against witches, demons and her own magic.

This action packed, magical romance story won’t give you rest. As most of Felicity’s books, Ascension begins in medias res. With a *cough* HOT *cough* scene between Taig and Lealandra. I did not have a tiny problem with this book! Nothing… Nada! There was action, romance, mystery, drama, loveable characters, funny quotes, good story, and two strong lead characters. My only question is what really happened with Taig’s parents???

I must post a few quotes from/about Taig, because I just love him and these were memorable for me…

“I guess that’s why you’re here. Loverboy just doesn’t cut it when it comes to handling demons. That pair of weaklings would have him inside out and back to front before he could lift a finger to cast whatever impotent half-assed spell he could muster.”

“If I’d decided not to let him take you, he wouldn’t have. He would’ve died a lot sooner.”

“There were at least twenty storeys on the building and it was wide. He figured it housed around seven hundred witches. That was six hundred and ninety nine more than he was comfortable with.”

And there’s a few more, but I let you find them.
I highly recommend this book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.