Janina's Reviews > Darkness Before Dawn

Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

Dec 26, 2011

bookshelves: dystopian, arc-for-review-blog-tour, favorites, vamps
Read from May 18 to 21, 2012

I rate this book 4.5 stars :) I thought it was amazing! The cover, the characters, and the premise did not disappoint.

I've seen some reviews where the reviewer is judging the book based on the premise of the story. Comparing it to other books. I say, give a book a chance before you go into it. Go in to reading it with an open mind, because this book did not disappoint me whatsoever! I loved it :)

Vampires have won the war and are now ruling the world. How awesome is that! Something different. The whole thing with the thirty year war between the humans and vamps was intriguing. I loved when the book started talking about that point because, come on, vamps and humans fighting is a disaster waiting to happen.

I really like Dawn and Victor's character. Dawn was a strong female lead and I really like that. She didn't cower in a corner waiting to be protected. I would be scared out my mind to face Lord Valentine, the vampire ruler of her city. Dawn, only 17 and the delegate of the city is a big thing and I really liked that whose aspect of the book. And when Dawn meets Victor, Lord Valentine's son, it made the book all the more interesting.

Victor was amazing! I think I swooned over him! Who wouldn't want a guy like him. Even though he is a vamp. Living in Dawn's world, I think I would have had a more, OMG WTF you're Lord Valentine's son kind of reaction when she found out who he was. She was a little bit more calm than how I would've been. But I really enjoyed the chemistry between the too.

It was a little bit of a love triangle with Victor and Michael. Michael, her current boyfriend, and Victor. I actually didn't mind the love triangle because Dawn wasn't the Oh My Gosh what am I going to do I can't choose kind of girl. So it was A-OKay.

The only bad thing I can say is that when everything was revealed, I had already figured out who everyone was. But, me being me, I was still shocked? lol

The ending, I can't wait to find out what will happened! Will she die or will she be turned?! OR maybe she will survive and be human! I don't know, but I can't wait to find out!

This book was action packed, with some great romance and some awesome characters! I definitely recommend this book to all you dystopian and vampire lovers out there!

Thanks to J.A. London and Halli from HarperCollins Publishers for sending me an ARC of this book for my honest opinion :)!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Before Dawn.

05/20/2012 page 121