Jennifer's Reviews > Blood Gamble

Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson

bookshelves: challenge, imagine-that

Dashiell convinces Scarlett to travel to Las Vegas to view a show created by the original vampires from the Dracula story, to determine if it is exposing the Old World - which it definitely is. While she is there, she learns that a bunch of vampires have gone missing and takes a side job to find out what happened to one of them. There are rumors of "skinners" (Old World assassins) being in town, but there is little evidence. She also knows her friend, Jameson, a null from NYC, is somehow wrapped up in the mystery because people are trying to kill him. She has to figure everything out and keep her human friends (there for a bachelorette party as part of her cover) safe.

I love Scarlett's character. She is snarky and beautifully sarcastic and there are times when I think her inner dialogue comes directly from my own mind. I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much since some of my favorite characters were missing (Jesse, Shadow, and Molly stay behind in LA), but it gave Scarlett a chance to stand on her own and make new friends. The cliffhanger ending has me reaching for the next book immediately.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Gamble.

August 27, 2018 – Shelved