Debbie's Reviews > Walk the Land: A Journey on Foot Through Israel

Walk the Land by Judith Galblum Pex

Dec 24, 2011

bookshelves: christian, memoir
Read in December, 2011

"Walk the Land" describes the travels of a middle aged couple as they hike the Israel Trail from the south of Israel to the north. It's not a hiking guide--the author didn't directly talk about what to bring or give hiking tips, though some of that information can be gleaned from the narrative. And while you can pick up information about what the land looks like and what hiking it is like, the narrative really focused on relationships.

She talked about how the lessons she learned on the trail were related to her walk with Christ. She talked about the various people they met on the trail and what they talked with them about (which was mainly about the upcoming trail and the fact that the author and her husband believe in Jesus as the Jewish Messiah). And she talked about the challenges of hiking with her husband--since they have very different personalities--and how it strengthened their relationship.

Overall, I found the book interesting and worth reading, though I'd been hoping for a more detailed description of the land. I'd recommend this book to those interested in the culture, the places, and the people of Israel.

I received this book as a review copy from the publisher.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk the Land.

11/26/2016 marked as: read