Judi's Reviews > Wait for Me

Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton

bookshelves: 2011, amazon, contemporary-romance, e-book, kindle, dec, purchased

4.5 Stars

Well the premise of Wait For Me sure had me intrigued and eager to start this latest contemporary romance from Elisabeth Naughton.

How horrifying must it be to awake from a coma, not remembering anything about your past life and having to rely on and believe everything you are being told by someone you trust, someone who claims to be your husband. Kate Alexander finds out one day when her whole world as it’s existed for the past 18 months since she woke up from a coma has been a lie. But how does she find who she really is when she has no memory?

Ryan Harrison was devastated when the love of his life and mother of his child Annie died in a plane crash. Basically caring for his young daughter Julia and growing his business into a multi-million dollar company has occupied his every waking thought. Now five years, he gets the shock of his life when he finds a living reincarnation of his dead wife standing on the street in front of his house. Shocker alert!

Wait for Me is choke full of emotion. Disbelief, anger, betrayal, shock, and awe as lives of mothers and fathers, siblings and children are in total upheaval once the results are conclusive that Kate Alexander is indeed Annie Harrison. How is it all possible? What happened to a pregnant Annie Harrison the day she was supposed to have boarded a plane that crashed, her personal effects found in the rubble of the plane? Someone went to a lot of effort and trouble to make it appear as if Annie Harrison had died.

Kate Alexander is physically Annie, but emotionally she’s Kate and that causes a lot of issues for her brother Mitch, her daughter Julia who is distant, hostile and refuses to believe Kate is really her mom. And then there’s Ryan – her husband...a man she can’t remember. He’s angry and wants his wife back, but really even though she didn’t technically die in a plane crash – Annie Harrison as she existed 5 years ago has ceased to exist and it's a bitter pill for Ryan to swallow. He still loves Kate/Annie no matter what she is calling herself these days.

There were lots of emotional moments, both heart-wrenching and hopeful in Wait For Me as Ryan and Kate try to rebuild. Not what they once had since that relationship vanished along with Annie’s memory, but a new relationship based on the people they’ve become 5 years after the tragic event. And Kate’s got a mountain to clime trying to win back the love and trust of her 9 year old daughter Julia. So much angst and emotion.

I didn’t want to put this book down. I wanted to find out right along with Kate and Ryan who the heck had ruined their lives. The rebuilding of the relationship between Ryan and Katie, their special connection was what made Wait For Me a great read. There were times I wanted to shake both of them. Each of them so overwhelmed by the situation couldn’t see what the other was going through. Ryan only saw his beloved wife every time he looked at Kate while she knew the woman Ryan wanted as his wife was gone forever and could only hope he could love and accept her as the woman she had become.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait for Me.

December 24, 2011 – Started Reading
December 24, 2011 – Shelved as: dec
December 24, 2011 – Shelved as: purchased
December 24, 2011 – Shelved
December 25, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Anita I bought this the other day! But it wasn't listed on here yet.

Judi I know she must have just added it the other day. Very good so far - it's going to be an emotional one.

Anita Good to hear! I'm starting it next after I finish the one I'm reading now

Kristen Wonderful review, Judi. What an emotional book to read right before Christmas. I'll definitely be reading this book.

Judi Thanks Kristen. I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did.

♡Karlyn P♡ Great review Judi. You wouldn't still have this one available for Kindle loan, would you? I'd love to borrow.

Judi If I can loan it to you, you are more than welcome to it. Is it easy to do?