Morgan's Reviews > V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

Jun 21, 2008

bookshelves: graphic-novels, bathroom-books

Though I have recently discovered the perks of always keeping a book in the bathroom, I think V was ill-chosen for such a position.

For one thing, it is heavy. It's about anarchy, of course it's going to be heavy. So reading it over a span of, apparently, almost 3 months does not allow for its message to really sink in.

For another, the story line is not as streamlined as the movie (yes, I admit, I saw that first before reading the book). Not that I'm faulting the plot/story any, mind you, just that following the ideas as story over the span of, again, 3 months is not exactly an easy thing to do, at least not in the sense of being able to say anything intellectual about it in the end.

Saying anything further, I feel, would be like comparing Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? to BladeRunner. They are both awesome, and though one is based on the other, they are nothing alike, and because of that they are two separate entities that work very well in their own elements and should be treated as two separate things. (This cannot be said for Watchmen the book and Watchmen the movie.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V for Vendetta.