Sophie's Reviews > Wanderlove

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

Dec 24, 2011

bookshelves: e-arc, 2012, reviewed, contemporary

I love books (obviously), but this hobby of mine shares my heart with art -- I love it, too. So, put them together? YES, PLEASE. In the past I read -and adored- Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley, which is another book related to art. I was thrilled to read another book with this same theme!

Bria decides to travel to South America. I immediately loved that adventurous part of her. I don’t know if I’d have the courage to do that – scratch that, I probably wouldn’t, at least not alone. That’s why I had so much fun living that adventure with her. I enjoyed seeing the world through her artist eyes. There’s something special and magic about traveling and discovering new places. And just imagining those beautiful places Kirsten Hubbard described in Wanderlove made my day.

Put apart from that but at the same time related to art, there was Bria's past. A tangle of feelings, hidden emotions, that come to life again on her journey. It was great seeing how Bria changed, really lived and grew stronger. The love story told in Wanderlove is so delicate, so sweet, it was just like a tiny flower I wanted to hold and protect with my hands. Okay, so maybe I didn't love Rowan as much as I'd had liked to, but I enjoyed reading about them anyways.

Don't push it back! Read Wanderlove as soon as you can. It's a beautiful story that will have you daydreaming and smiling through all the journey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanderlove.

December 24, 2011 – Shelved
December 24, 2011 – Shelved as: e-arc
March 9, 2012 – Started Reading
March 9, 2012 –
March 14, 2012 –
40.0% "I'm starting to really like it :)"
March 16, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012