Bob's Reviews > 11/22/63

11/22/63 by Stephen King

Dec 24, 2011

I got this book for Christmas. I didn't ask for it, I just got it. I guess my cousin Lillian knows more about me than I thought she did. Anyway, I was excited. Especially at the title. I'm a semi-big Kennedy assassination buff. All assassinated presidents, actually.

I like Stephen King. I haven't read all of his stuff, but what I have read, I've liked. I haven't decided if I liked this better than "The Stand", or not. I think it's a tie.

I was never bored with it and it really held my interest. I've read most of the other reviews. A majority of the reviewers really liked the ending and thought that it worked well.I was a little let down. I guess that it was the most logical ending. Bittersweet. Nostalgic and somewhat dreamy. But, I guess I wanted it to be different.(SPOILER COMING UP, SO HIDE YOUR EYES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING!!!...LAST WARNING!) Here's the thing. I wanted George to stay in the past. I guess because of the nostalgia thing. IDK. Anyway, I guess I'll have to settle for bittersweet.

I liked the concept. The whole Oswald thing was fascinating. I must admit, however, that since I'm one of those people who believes that the assassination was a conspiracy, the whole Oswald acting alone angle made it more difficult for me. I mean, the book was really good and all that, but it was kind of like alternate history on top of made up history. Also the whole Hillary Clinton being president thing made me LOL. REALLY? Couldn't it have been someone else Stephen? Anyone but her.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11/22/63.

December 24, 2011 – Started Reading
December 24, 2011 – Shelved
December 26, 2011 –
page 118
13.9% "So far, it's great!"
December 27, 2011 –
page 148
December 27, 2011 –
page 378
December 28, 2011 –
page 407
December 28, 2011 –
page 407
47.94% "Parts of it reminded me of Mr. Holland's Opus."
December 30, 2011 – Finished Reading