Krystle's Reviews > Angelfall

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Dec 24, 2011

This book changed my mind about self-published books (not that I haven't read the rare gem here and there but most I've tried have been... horrendous to say the least). It's just awesome! Excellent pacing, fun characters, a refreshing take on angel mythology, and very good editing.

Penryn was bad ass. I mean it. She totally kicked butt and was rational, determined, but logical. You didn't see her turning into some pathetic doormat over the male with her only goal in life being waxing poetic in lengthy passages about the male lead's perfection and hotness. Oh, no no no. I'm not sure I totally believed her proficiency in her skills because it made things a bit too convenient for the plot but I appreciated her self-reliance all the same.

And the angels? AWESOME! I loved that they're actually not so nice and not those stupid pathetic creatures whose only purpose in life is to get all emo over a girl. Like whatever. Wangfest! It's also totally awesome that the angels are all different races. Fabulous! Raffe was funny, suave, and conceited. Good stuff? He also doesn't treat her as an object to be owned and directed.

I'm so happy that there was not a lot of romance in this book because usually in angel books they start turning into sappy, melodramatic, and insensible. The fact that there wasn't means the book could focus a lot more squarely on the plot, which is what is the driving force behind this story.

And that ending? JAYSUS. GET ME THE NEXT BOOK NOW.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfall.

December 24, 2011 – Shelved
January 1, 2012 – Started Reading
January 1, 2012 –
5.0% "Reading this because trying to read Passion makes me wanna ram my brain into something like a blowtorch from the sheer stupidity and boredom of it. This book is pretty interesting so far."
January 1, 2012 –
10.0% "Hmm... Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphcPx... Kelly Hu, ftw! BAD ASS HOTNESS. The book? I dunno, her range of skills seems pretty... convenient."
January 1, 2012 –
50.0% "Umm. Uh. Girls fighting in mud? LOLOLOL."
January 1, 2012 –
75.0% "Ooh, big action scene coming up. My body is ready."
January 1, 2012 –
100.0% "Wth is that ending?! Omg."
January 1, 2012 – Finished Reading

Wendy Darling I'm glad you enjoyed it, Krystle!

Small Review Thank you again! Your review is the reason I bought this book and I LOVED it!!

Krystle Small Review wrote: "Thank you again! Your review is the reason I bought this book and I LOVED it!!"

YAY~! So happy that you enjoyed it. ^^;;.