Marina's Reviews > Hotblood

Hotblood by Juliann Whicker

F 50x66
Dec 24, 2011

Once upon a time there was a beautiful brilliant woman who gained the love of an immortal Nether. They had four children who are the parents of all the breeds in the world.

Cools, Hotbloods, Wilds and Hollows.
Cools can manipulate the emotions and desires of those around them.
Wilds are obsessive planners and have power over physical world.
Hollows can manipulate souls, take one and absorb its energy.
Hotbloods are physical and emotional.

There is only one rule. Breeds do not mix.

Until one day one of the Cools married one of the Wilds. Helen was daughter of House-of-Slide and Alex was Cool. They had two children: Devlin and Dariana.

The book starts with Devlin’s funeral. Devlin, son of Helen and Alex Sanders. He is dead but before he died he took his sister’s soul. Dariana is now soulless but she doesn’t know that. Her body is in a search for new soul. Otherwise she is dead.

Lewis comes to visit his uncle Peter. Old Peter takes him to Devlin’s funeral. There Lewis meets Dariana. Lewis is Hotblood.
Dariana takes his soul.
Neither of them doesn’t remember that.

It all started with a kiss.

This is nice and interesting story. Fans of Twilight will like this one too. I needed more time to figure out who is who in this story. So I started this review explaining that. Sometimes the narrator is Dariana, sometimes is Lewis. So you can see their point of view. You can feel their emotions, you can feel their fears. It’s a strong story.

My opinion: 3,9 / 5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hotblood.

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Great review. Great explanation at the beginning, I did find it quite confusing. I was thinking of giving up on this because I just can't get into it but your review has me thinking I will give it another go.

message 2: by Marina (last edited Jan 02, 2012 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marina Thank you for your comment, Suzanne. I did my best. Some things in the book were a little bit confusing, explanation was needed. Thank you for reading my review.