Cyndi Becker's Reviews > All My Life

All My Life by Prescott Lane

bookshelves: oct-2018, 5plus-stars, must-read, most-anticipated

All My life has been on my most anticipated reads this fall since the moment I read the blurb. Undoubtedly, the unrequited love trope is my very most favorite trope. Couple that with Prescott Lane's impeccable writing I knew I would love this book. Ms. Lane delivered on my expectations in a spectacular fashion -making this a 2017 favorite and a #mustread recommendation.

The story is centered around Garrett and his daughter Mia, and Devlyn, Garrett's best friend and the character whose voice we know from the blurb. The story opens with Mia, Garrett's daughter giving her high school graduation speech and calling attention to her father's state of single"dom". When this goes viral and chaos ensues, Garrett finds himself re-evaluating his needs as a man and his relationships.

The story is told in both past and present, through multiple points of view , including some letters that left me uneasy. The characters are well developed and I found myself completely and utterly invested in the quest for happiness. My heart ACHED for Devlyn as she recounts the years she's been there for Mia and Garrett and how tightly woven their lives are and I had trepidation and fear as the past tries to push itself into the present. Conversely I ached for all that Garrett went through and the road he faces as his loyalties are tested.

I found myself completely unable to put this done and read this in one fell swoop. There was no way I could let the story be for a day, I had to know where it would go. So even as I put it down as I finished it at o'dark thirty I just couldn't forget about it. Its been days but I still feel every emotion and reading over my highlights just makes me want to re-read it already. This was just so perfectly plotted taking me through a range of emotions, happiness and tears abound. Kudo's to Ms Lane on the addition of All My Life to her already stellar repertoire. 5++ Stars!!

*I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All My Life.

August 24, 2018 – Shelved
August 24, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
September 10, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 27, 2018 – Started Reading