Andrea Stoeckel's Reviews > Blame it on Paris

Blame it on Paris by Lise McClendon

“Memory was fluid, wasn’t it? You remember things the way you want to, to preserve your ego, to hide your shame.”

Francine, “Francie” Bennett, up and coming Associate at Ward & Bailee, isn’t giving it “her all”. Since her promotion to Assitant Managing Partner, she’s felt more like a babysitter than a mentor to the new recruits, and it’s draining her. It seems like she’s at a crossroads when a grievance is filed as a six degrees of separation request comes across her desk that leaves her baffled.

All this finds her in Paris trying to track down the information she needs to help someone related to her late husband Tom. She stays with her older sister Merle, herself a lawyer rebuilding her life in France. Francie finds herself embroiled in a drug case that places her smack in the middle of current issues, reconnecting serendipitously with an old flame, and allowing issues back home in Connecticut to play out.

From Fresnes Prison, the second largest prison in France to the the Pont Neuf and the “love locks” bridge,Lise McClendon takes us back to the land she loves, “warts and all”. Paris may be the city of love and lights, but contemporary Parisian life has its feet in our real world. McClendon’s Bennett sisters, in this, her seventh addition to this enjoyable series, take us, through the eyes of the Bennett’s, to a Paris that becomes in itself another character; perhaps a wise older grandparent who acknowledges and teaches patience and love.

As an up to the minute mystery, the author knows what she is doing. As a love story, this book shines. Together, they weave a spell you don’t want to end anytime soon. Mystery and Love: what else do you need to escape? Highly recommended 5/5

[disclaimer:I received a copy of the title from the publisher for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review: all conclusions are my own responsibility]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blame it on Paris.

August 24, 2018 – Shelved
September 1, 2018 – Started Reading
September 2, 2018 –
September 2, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma thanks for your awesome review, so glad you enjoyed it so much

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma if your readers want to know more and enter the giveaway, they can come here: https://francebooktours.com/2018/07/1...