Nicole's Reviews > Sky Full of Mysteries

Sky Full of Mysteries by Rick R. Reed

19619036

That was a very weird book and I did not expect any of the things that happened.

The book is split into two. First half starts in 1997 when the events of the disappearance of Rory happen and we see Cole dealing with this, which is heartbreaking because they had just moved in together. And the other half is the recent days, 20 years later, when Rory appears and no one can believe it. Cole already married and in his 40’s, still not having forgotten Rory.

The sci-fi aspect of it was very unusual, though it didn’t have much. When I read it at night I got a bit scared! And it was so weird, especially the end where I was left wondering “what the hell was that? What did I just read?”. I wouldn’t call it a HEA but it kind of was for the characters… I am still processing the events.

Another thing that I didn’t like was Tommy. I don’t know, he just didn’t feel right but I felt sorry for him there at the end.

An interesting book. I’m glad I read it but I have questions!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sky Full of Mysteries.

Started Reading
August 23, 2018 – Shelved
August 23, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Simone (new)

Simone Okay, in case I decide to read it, I'll mark it as 'read-with-lights-on'. ;-) Thanks for the heads-up and great review, Nicole! :)

Nicole Simone wrote: "Okay, in case I decide to read it, I'll mark it as 'read-with-lights-on'. ;-) Thanks for the heads-up and great review, Nicole! :)"

I get scared easily! I was expecting aliens to appear through my door! xD Thanks!

message 3: by Simone (new)

Simone Nicole wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, in case I decide to read it, I'll mark it as 'read-with-lights-on'. ;-) Thanks for the heads-up and great review, Nicole! :)"

I get scared easily! I was expecting aliens to ap..."

LOL. I get you, though. I have a vivid imaginaton as well. One creaking noise and I'm about to freak out. LOL.