Anita's Reviews > Driven to Distraction

Driven to Distraction by Lori Foster

bookshelves: arc, romance-w-mystery

Lori Foster is that rare breed of romance writer that infuses her wonderful romance plots with a bit of mystery/suspense and takes what would be an ordinary romance over the top. I loved it from the very first scene to the last, although, I have to be honest and tell you the middle got a little high on the angst meter. I'm looking forward to the next book, Jack's story, should be great.

Mary Daniels had a tough childhood and as a result has grown up to be the consummate professional. She works for Therman Ritter, a wealthy eccentric, acquiring rare items for his various collections. The ethics and legality - well, let's just say sometimes it's a little murky. Hence the need for the Mustang Transport courier service. The new driver, hunky Brodie Crews, is just the man Therman wants for the job. Mary, well she has a deep, visceral reaction to sexy, hunky Brodie, which is both good and bad.

You only get one chance to make a first impression. Unfortunately, sometimes that impression can shade everything that follows. Brodie has a lot to live down from his first encounter with curvaceous Mary and he is determined to keep his own visceral reaction in check and prove to the buttoned-up but luscious Mary that he can do the job and then some. When it becomes more than a job, both professionally and personally, Brodie will do everything he can to protect Mary and make her see there is more to life than a job.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Driven to Distraction.

August 23, 2018 – Shelved
August 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
August 23, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
November 24, 2018 – Started Reading
November 24, 2018 –
3.0% "Brodie Crews aka Matthew McConaughey. I'm in love!"
November 27, 2018 – Finished Reading
November 28, 2018 – Shelved as: romance-w-mystery

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina Briganti I had the pleasure of meeting Lori Foster at this year's Readers & 'ritas. She is not only a talented writer but a down-to-earth lady. Her books are more special to me now that I know more about her. Love supporting her work!

Anita That must have been a highlight for you. No one I read ever comes to SoCal. I met Sue Grafton years ago and I'll never forget it.

message 3: by Gina (new)

Gina Briganti Anita wrote: "That must have been a highlight for you. No one I read ever comes to SoCal. I met Sue Grafton years ago and I'll never forget it."

Yes, total highlight!

I found that I needed to travel to meet more authors when I lived in SoCal. I live in Dallas now and that makes a difference.

Anita Sad but true. LA may be one of the largest cities, but authors just don't visit here, at least the ones I read don't.