Paula Terrado's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

bookshelves: book-collection, book-recommends

Okay, how do i start this? Is it possible to be shocked and not shocked at the same time? I mean, that should be a normal reaction for reading this book. Honestly, i don’t know how i’ll make a good review for this but i’ll give it a try.

First of all, i’d like to say that this is one of the best books i’ve ever read in my 23 years of living. I don’t think i’m exaggerating though.

Second, the way the story was written, the details, the clues — it’s like you, as the reader, are the one solving the case which actually is the reason why this book will get you so hooked. To be honest, my mind was at work all the while i’m reading this. I seriously could not stop reading and whenever i had to put the book down, it aches me. It’s a page-turner kind of book, i must say.

Lastly, I’d like to admire the main character here — Hercule Poirot. The way he was written as a character, i believe, was well-thought of (if that is the perfect term for it).

I was amazed with his POV because he was able to think of all possible scenarios, probabilities of each evidence happening, and how he was able to analyze anything that he was told. Seriously speaking, not all detectives are like him or could be like him with his great skills (and i meant no offense to anybody that would be able to relate themselves or anyone into this statement).

The way he handled this case has got me sitting at the edge of my seat the whole time. And the fun part here, i have attempted throughout the whole read, to beat him with analyzing the evidence/s that were stated, and i think i only succeeded once.

To add a few more thoughts, i actually realized that — because of this book — people (anyone) can do just about anything when forced to face with a situation that required so much emotional struggle for a person to handle.

If asked to read this book again, i would say yes. So i’m giving this book 5 stars and i would probably see the movie now to compare and see a visual of what i just read.

To those who haven’t read this book yet, start now and happy reading!!!!! :)

🖤

Just want to include something here about the movie since i decided to check it out as well and some are asking — in my opinion, it was a very fast-paced version of the book. Nothing really negative but i’d prefer the book than the movie because the investigation was more detailed. Every single detail was written (like interviews, gathering & analyzing evidences and statements, etc). Overall though, it’s basically the same. You won’t be disappointed with the movie.

** To see my full length review, click the link below: 👇🏼

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

August 22, 2018 – Shelved
August 23, 2018 – Started Reading
August 24, 2018 –
15.0% "..... its getting exciting! I’m on the edge of my seat omg

Translating some french words is making me slow but its all good"
August 25, 2018 –
25.0% "His skills though.."
August 25, 2018 –
36.0% "I AM STILL VERY MUCH AT THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!!! ITS SO FREAKIN SKETCHY AAGGHHH

— to be continued... night yall"
August 26, 2018 –
42.0% "My brain is working while reading this and i’m loving every single bit of it"
August 26, 2018 –
51.0% "Am i gullible or are they all really just sketchy? Haha my hunches are half good, half bad.. this is mind boggling!"
August 27, 2018 –
66.0% "HOLY FUDGE HIS THEORY WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE WAGON LIT UNIFORM!!!!"
August 28, 2018 – Shelved as: book-recommends
August 28, 2018 – Shelved as: book-collection
August 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Ivana - Diary of Difference Amazing review. I remember reading this at around 17. It is such an amazing book, but then again, Agatha doesn't have a bad book. I suggest you read more of her - all of her books make you feel like you are solving the mystery and discovering clues. I should definitely re-read this one!

message 2: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J This was the very first book I ever read. I love it so much and I'm so glad you liked it. Agatha Christie is a great mystery author, I haven't read that many of her works but I've heard she is truly amazing, and the evidence concurs.

Ivana - Diary of Difference J wrote: "This was the very first book I ever read. I love it so much and I'm so glad you liked it. Agatha Christie is a great mystery author, I haven't read that many of her works but I've heard she is trul..."

I agree - she is the best mystery author I have read, and I have read many. She has other amazing books - I can recommend Murder at the vicarage and Murder in Mesopotamia. Also, her Hercule Poirot series are amazing - you should start from book one and move as you go :D

Paula Terrado I agree with you both! It is def an amazing book. I loved every scene from start to finish just as each scene is important in solving the case. I’ll def read more of her work tbh. I got goosebumps reading this one!!!

Thank you for the recommendation! Its already on my tbr :)

message 5: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J You should try Sperkling Cyanide it's still one of my all time favorite books.

Paula Terrado I’ll definitely add that on my TBR! I already love Agatha Christie so thank you!

message 7: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Great review! :) I've watched the movie but haven't yet read the book

Paula Terrado Thank you, Karen! You should read the book. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone :)

message 9: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Paula wrote: "Thank you, Karen! You should read the book. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone :)" I have read Christie's And Then There Were None - which I LOVED - so this book is definitely on my list to read next :)

Paula Terrado Sounds great! And those books are on my tbr now. I loved this, so i wanna read more of her work :)

Alexis Justine I thought it was pretty good, but my favorite is And then there were none 👌

Paula Terrado I have yet to read that book and everyone seems to be recommending it!