Toni's Reviews > Where Did You Get This Number?: A Pollster's Guide to Making Sense of the World

Where Did You Get This Number? by Anthony Salvanto

liked it

I enjoy knowing what's behind the numbers, and how they got to a certain number.
This book is probably not for everyone, for sure, and it's not especially "readable" as some books can be on tough subjects. Especially for amateurs such as myself. (Think Michael Lewis, The Big Short.)
But Anthony does a decent job trying to explain how polls are done, calculated, etc. I'd compare understanding polling, the justification and explanation for the resulting numbers and percentages to retaking college statistics while undergoing a root canal.
However, I'm in awe of those who can, and do. Thank you
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Did You Get This Number?.

August 22, 2018 – Started Reading
August 22, 2018 – Shelved
August 22, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 6, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara I don't know Michael Lewis. Is he the author??

Toni Michael Lewis wrote several books such as, The Big Short, Money Ball, The Blind Side, Liar’s Poker, The Flash Boys, etc. He’s known for writing about difficult subjects and making them easy for the average person to understand, in most cases. The author is Anthony Salvanto. Thanks.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara I guess he got by me! :-)