Rosanna (The Hopeless Romantic Bookworm)'s Reviews > Summer Seduction

Summer Seduction by Rachel Van Dyken

What the hell did I just read?!?!

If you read my review for the first book in the series, Summer Heat, then you know that I started off that review saying pretty much the same thing I did above. That is because this series has wrecked me emotionally, especially after the heart-wrenching cliffhanger this second book ended on. Rachel Van Dyken was cruel ending the first book the way she did, but now she is down right evil after this ending. This is your warning; prepare yourself because I still haven’t recovered.

So now that that that’s out of the way, let’s get on to the review.

Summer Seduction picks up right where Summer Heat left off and things are rocky between Marlo and Ray. Marlo realizes he made a mistake trying to get his revenge on Ray. His feelings towards her ultimately outweigh his need to get even, and so he tries to mend things between them. But, it isn’t that simple. Marlo and Ray’s relationship is full of angst and passion, stemming from their hate/love for one another that began back in high school. The tension has slowly been building and as a result, the two finally come together both physically as well as emotionally.

I really liked how Marlo and Ray dealt with their past and the issues surrounding it in this book. What started out physical, once the tension between them hit a breaking point, soon turned into a emotionally charged exchange where all their thoughts and feelings were laid out on the table, or in this case a bed, for each other to process. It was so wonderful to see them come together and reach a place of happiness with one another. Major tugging-at-heartstrings moment.

Like in my last review, I’m not going to go too much into what happens. One, because this is the second book and two, because I firmly believe going into these books as blind as possible will make your reading experience that much better. What I will say is that I usually have a hard time connecting with the couple when it is a second chance romance because I feel like I’m missing something since I didn’t get to see their beginning. This is 100% not the case with Marlo and Ray. The connection between them is obvious from page one, but the added flashbacks throughout this and the first book really allow you to believe that their feelings for one another are as real as they were in the past.

Summer Seduction was just as amazing as the first book. If you are looking for a quick summer romance to end your summer with that is both angst and emotional, then check out the Cruel Summer series!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Seduction.

August 22, 2018 – Started Reading