Dayla's Reviews > Forever Mine

Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes

Dec 22, 2011

bookshelves: cute, frustrating, addicting, favourites, cutesy, brother-series, ya, editing-needed
Read on December 27, 2011

Okay, I'm going to be brief about this one by simply numbering what I liked and what I didn't like.

What I didn't like:
1. The editing. Could have really used it
2. The way the protagonist deals with her problems. Felt so immature, ugh, and it frustrated me

What I did like:
1. The romance (even though it was a bit controlling)
2. The intensity
3. The need to know what's going to happen next

When I first started reading I thought, hm, this is going wayyyy fast! But I see what the author was trying to do, and I get it. It's funny because after reading a post on another book about the controlling nature of boys in YA novels I couldn't stop thinking about said post while reading this relationship unfold. Now, I'm not trying to deter anyone, if you can manage to get over the horrible editing, you'll find a pretty cute story, even if it is riddled with the naive nature of the protagonist. I started reading this series because it made me think of the Perfect Chemistry series/ the Fuentes brothers by Simone Elkeles, but though it is hard to reach Elkeles's awesome writing, Reyes tries and if edited properly and if she can strengthen her characters, she might just reach that point where Elkeles stands.

I'm going to rate this a four, purely based on the fact that I was addicted and that I enjoyed the story... not because of the aesthetic value of the editing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Mine.