Josiah Miller's Reviews > The Will of Time

The Will of Time by J.B. Pierce

I happened upon The Will of Time through a social media post and I'm extremely glad I did. The Will of Time follows Will and Madi's journey through time and their struggle to get back home. This is a Young Adult novel, but I found myself drifting back to my childhood when reading this and feel that any age would enjoy the story. Here are a few things that I believe the author did exceptionally well:

YOU ARE A PART OF THE STORY - The author does a perfect job building the setting of Gettysburg during the Civil War. With the descriptions of the landscape, the outfits, the weapons, the structures, and even the dialogue, you will feel like you are a part of one of the most violent times in America's history, and you are glad to be there.

SUSPENSE / TENSION - Pierce takes you on a suspenseful journey filled with intrigue that keeps you turning the pages. The characters struggle through conflict after conflict, keeping you cheering for them as they overcome their hurdles.

EMOTION - Though the novel is filled with action and suspense, you really FEEL the characters' joys, pains, heartache, and nostalgia. You will embrace the resilience of Will and Madi as they fight for their lives.

RESEARCH - It is very obvious that Pierce did her research when writing/planning the story. Although this is a Fantasy novel, it is very real in terms of actual events, people, and places. You will not be disappointed by the historical content found within the story.

I highly recommend reading THE WILL OF TIME. I particularly believe that Middle Grades and High School students will find a tremendous amount of value in the story and characters, but THE WILL OF TIME has something for everyone! I look forward to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Will of Time.

Finished Reading