Ananya Vahal's Reviews > All About Love: New Visions

All About Love by bell hooks

63620788

Read 2 times

Bell Hooks’ All About Love is a must read for all of humanity. Bell Hooks explores all types of relationships and how society tell us to participate in them versus how we should approach them. She breaks down the good and the bad aspects of relationships, like honesty, commitment, greed, and spirituality, and digs deep into how we should handle each of these aspects. The most powerful part of the book for me was when she breaks down the difference between "being taken care of" versus "being loved." We all think that our family loves us because they take care of us and provide us with basic necessities. However, Bell Hooks argues that being taken care of is vastly different from being loved. Love, she says, isn’t about providing the basic necessities for survival. Love is about nurturing a one’s spirit and helping them become the best possible version of themselves. This book completely changed the way I thought about love and relationships. It is food for the soul. I highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All About Love.

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
April 15, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
August 21, 2018 – Shelved