Tin Mayer's Reviews > Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts.

Dare to Lead by Brené Brown

bookshelves: non-fiction

** spoiler alert ** Dare to Lead is a book about embracing your vulnerability and channeling its power into leadership. This is the first book by Brené Brown that I read and I am glad I waited a bit because it requires a level of self-awareness that I did not possess a few years ago.

I would recommend this book to the leaders out there that want to continue their journey into leadership. Leaders who, most probably, started with other books that teach how to be efficient, organized, goal-oriented. Then, continued with books that helped you improve your self-awareness, spirituality and believe. And finally, who feel read to dig even deeper into the emotional part of your personalities and learn to "rumble with vulnerability" as Brené puts it.

What I took from the book is a new approach in thinking about my values. I embraced the quest of finding my core values and using them. I also took the approach of embracing emotional hijacking and a tool set to understand them better and benefit from them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dare to Lead.

August 21, 2018 – Shelved