Susan's Reviews > Road to Freedom

Road to Freedom by Piper Davenport

Granted I'm fairly new to Piper Davenport's work, but so far seems something is always going on at the opening of the book that just grabs you.

Road To Freedom starts with Remington making a 911 call. And good grief the stuff this girl goes through. I'm glad I'm not her, although, Merrick/Finch is someone I wouldn't mind having for myself. I loved the other nicknames Remi kept calling Finch (several different cartoon bird names).

This is book 8 in the Dogs Of Fire series, if you're new to Piper like me, you may be wondering if these are all stand-alones. My opinion (cuz I'm currently reading out of order myself), yes, this can be a stand-alone. But from what I'm gathering so far, it might be more enjoyable reading in order. Don't get me wrong, characters do overlap, but Ms. Davenport give enough or presents in a way, I did not ever feel lost. I did wonder if certain character pairs had their own book, and hence more to their own story.

Irregardless, Piper Davenport is very quickly becoming a favorite author of mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Road to Freedom.

August 17, 2018 – Started Reading