Lee's Reviews > The Shepherd's Hut

The Shepherd's Hut by Tim Winton

5.5 rounded down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shepherd's Hut.

August 20, 2018 – Shelved
August 20, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 16, 2018 – Started Reading
November 17, 2018 –
18.0% "“It was plain as dog balls - the Booker Prize judges had fucked it up yet again.”"
November 18, 2018 –
November 19, 2018 –
November 20, 2018 –
November 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

Will Excellent! Another 5 star rating. Glad you enjoyed it, Lee.

message 2: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Impossible to rate it otherwise. So much to love and admire, and it goes straight in the pantheon. All those ***** can't be wrong!

It's just one of those novels that is immediately mentally filed away with a certain kind of book - Dog Soldiers, Going Native, Huck Finn, Continental Drift, The Impostor - that are merciless, hard-won but ultimately very human. Rough-hewn art. And all ***** and timeless.

Susie Amiatu Great to see another five star review for this. I wish you all could have heard him read an excerpt. An amazing experience. He read the intimate scene with the girlfriend.

message 4: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Oh boy! That scene! Yes, would've loved to have seen him do that. I for some reason saw during that the TV adaptation...

message 5: by Ace (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ace Awesome Lee.

Trudie LOL love it 5.5 rounded down !

message 7: by Doug (new) - added it

Doug ...what Trudie said! :-)

David Yes...what Doug said that Trudie said about what said. Thwomp!

Susie Amiatu Yes! What David said about what Doug said about what Trudie said. Best rating I ever did see.

message 10: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee I already feel bad taking off that half star. Joint-fave from 2018 so far! And thwomp is still a ***** word.

message 11: by Vicky (new) - added it

Vicky "phenkos" Not heard of this, but your excellent score has got me intrigued... Straight on to my tbr list!

message 12: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Vicky: Excellent news! TSH has been curiously ignored in a lot of the end-of-year lists but I think it will find a wide audience in time.

Claire So glad you loved this!

message 14: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Claire wrote: "So glad you loved this!"

It's great, Claire. I'll defo read it again at some point.

Claire Lee wrote: "Claire wrote: "So glad you loved this!"

It's great, Claire. I'll defo read it again at some point."

same- I think it will re-read well.