Laura Turner's Reviews > A House Full of Secrets

A House Full of Secrets by Zoë   Miller

bookshelves: 2018-reads

I came about A House Full Of Secrets in amongst my gigantic pile of tbr’s thanks to a friend picking it out for me and I am really glad she did as I thoroughly enjoyed it. I always have trouble once I’ve finished a good book, finding a new one and I think I will have this trouble after reading this one. After reading a few negative reviews on Goodreads, I’m slightly surprised by them as I found the novel absolutely gripping. Zoe Miller writes with such consuming attention, I was sucked in. It was almost like I was watching a soap drama unfold.

Full of family affairs and secrets, the characters in A House Full of Secrets were truly believable. Each character came with a back story as well as some mystery and I really like this in a book, I get hooked in by characters and their lives and misdemeanours. It’s a great trick that some authors can pull off (some can’t) but Zoe Miller can certainly achieve this.

The crux of the story is all about Vikki being asked by her best friend Niall if she will accompany him back to Ireland to sort out some family affairs. Once there, her eyes are opened wide due to Niall’s family background and something happening years ago which has left a detrimental effect on the entire family. Unravelling in front of Vikki is a family history like no other reverberating and releasing memories and emotions of her own life which she had chosen to forget.

Overall, A House Full Of Secrets is definitely as the title suggests and I highly recommend, but I must warn you ... don’t expect to get any housework done, as once you open the first page, that’s you sitting there consumer until the final word on the final page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A House Full of Secrets.

August 20, 2018 – Started Reading