Amber S's Reviews > The Gammage Cup

The Gammage Cup by Carol Kendall

I read this book several times as a kid. I knew it by where it was located at the public library but could not remember what it was called when I thought back to this book years later. Finally in the last year a word popped into my head as I thought of the book. “Muggles.” As a big Harry Potter fan, I thought, that can’t be right. But I went ahead and googled it and sure enough, I found the book! Not long after that I found it in my local used book store. It is a story of bravery, friendship, doing the right thing through pressure to be different, and being your true self (letting your true colors shine through!) As a kids book, there were some weak plot lines, but I thought it was well done. The character development of the main characters and others in their village make up for the weak story line of the bad guys. There is some death, but no gory details. It was a joy to read again and I look forward to sharing with my kids someday in the near future. I’ll probably let use this as a read aloud with a 4th, 5th or 6th grader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gammage Cup.

August 19, 2018 – Started Reading