Natalia Pì's Reviews > Bit of a Blur

Bit of a Blur by Alex  James

Dec 22, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: nonfiction, uk

This was actually a lot nicer than expected - mainly because I didn't know Alex James is such a good writer. I would give it 3 and a half stars if I could.
It's obviously recommended to those who like/liked Blur, but it's a nice book in its own right. It gives you insight on Britain in the 90s, and since I spent a lot of my 90s there it was clearly interesting for me. I have the impression I would have found Alex James a terribly annoying character if I met him a ffew years ago - his 2.0 version of himself as a... Cheesemaker and a dad seems a lot friendlier.
On the whole, it's a light, entertaining book that you will read in a few days. I also agree with some other readers here who write it's a book brimming with optimism, wonder for what the world can offer and gratitude and awareness of being a lucky person. I actually underlined lots of passages I agree with. I think I found these qualities most refreshing, especially at a time like now. Lovely read :) oh, and now even more than before - I need to go to a dune desert.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bit of a Blur.

December 22, 2011 – Started Reading
December 22, 2011 – Shelved
December 22, 2011 –
11.0% "my first (almost free) Kindle book! let's see how it feels to read with a Kindle. articles+mags were fine so far."
December 25, 2011 – Shelved as: nonfiction