Robin's Reviews > I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life

I'd Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel

bookshelves: books-about-books, best-of-2018

I loved every word of this book. Whether you prefer to be called a bookworm, booklover, booknerd, or even bibliomaniac, Bogel not only completely understands our world but is able to eloquently address all of our "first world" problems. It seemed like every few minutes I was nodding and thinking "Yup, that's me!" or "Boy, can I relate to that dilemma!" There are many passages I could quote but it would make this review way too long, so since it's a short book I'll let you have the fun of discovery.

I had only one very minor quibble with the book (and this isn't the author's fault) and that is Bogel waxed poetic about bookstores (and she was also a heavy user of her local libraries), and that made me feel very sad as my city has many used bookstores but not one single new bookstore. Sometimes I yearn to wander through aisles of nothing but new books. Oh well, life could be worse.

This book would be perfect for the holidays so consider buying this for any book lover you know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'd Rather Be Reading.

August 19, 2018 – Shelved
August 19, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
August 19, 2018 – Shelved as: books-about-books
October 17, 2018 – Started Reading
October 27, 2018 – Finished Reading
November 8, 2018 – Shelved as: best-of-2018

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Will White Completely agree!