Mason's Reviews > Claustrophilia

Claustrophilia by Ezra Blake

bookshelves: lgbt-horror, necrophilia

I'm a reader both of an early version of Claustrophilia and an early reader of the current version.

Claustrophilia falls into two very difficult to manage genres, LGBT horror and erotic horror. Both of these often lend themselves to too-real avenues of homophobia, transphobia and sexism, and usually violent in those regards. It's difficult to escape these realities while still keeping the visceral nature desired in good horror.

That being said, Claustrophilia is not for the faint of heart or temperament. It is erotic horror in it's unflinchingly sensual treatment of taboos such as necrophilia, cannibalism, death and torture.

If you're the kind of person who scrolls through lists of banned books, of the most disturbing books people have read, Claustrophilia may be for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claustrophilia.

Finished Reading
August 17, 2018 – Shelved
August 17, 2018 – Shelved as: lgbt-horror
August 18, 2018 – Shelved as: necrophilia

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Xia Xia Lake Mason can you please let me know under a spoiler tag if anyone needs to eat their own hands at some point like in Sin City? I'm going to read this but I need to be mentally prepared to just how far will the cannibalism go.